Wednesday 13 July 2016

Updates: campaign prep, mechs and more

While my vacation time moves towards it's last few days, I have managed quite a few updates for a bunch of different projects.


Before running the 3rd episode of the Starport Scum campaign, I needed some more pieces, including these:

With another intrusion into a corporate facility soon after touching down on Thylla I, I needed to make a few more tiles. As I also realized I had no doors exept for a big blast door, I made a few doors as well. They fit nicely with the new tiles, and hopefully equally well with the old ones.







I also made a few more bases of woods, to be able to fill a table, on Thylla I and other temperate worlds.


As I was busy making terrain, I also made sure to finish a few things for Horizon Wars.

A new threat to the SADU and NTC, known only so far as the Invaders:

The units observed on the fringes of human space.

A heavy command mech, filling a CHQ role.

The Invader line mechs, the equivalent of the NTC Warriors or SADU Turtles. 
Armed with missiles and chainguns, these mechs also have advanced targeting computers to help optimize targeting vectors.

Assault mechs, dedicated close combat units. These units have an extra agile frame, to allow them to dodge and weave to get close enough to use their flamethrowers and short-range fusion guns.

The final unit observed are a Heavy mech. Slower and more heavily armed than the line mechs, the heavies sacrifice speed for extra targeting computers and a larger powerplant to fuel the long-range fusion cannons.

The only infantry units spotted so far, these infantrymen fill the role of light infantry.
These sightings also confirm that the invaders are humanoid, possibly of terran origin.


The USS and NIJA regulars also had some reinforcements this time around.


The two pairs of mechs.


Known as the Broadsword, this mech is a heavy frontline unit. Far faster and more agile than the average heavy, the Broadsword sacrifice active defences to maintain offencive capability and speed, prefering to hit hard and fast.


 The Longbow. It's also a more mobile mech, prefering speed and armor to heavy weapons. Advanced targeting systems help the Longbow make the most of it's armaments.   


The Ballista is a medium mech specialized in medium range combat. Sacrificing most of it's space in favor of more missiles and an advanced lock-on system, the Ballista is more fragile than many other mechs in it's weight-class, but few punch as hard at range. 


The last mech of today is another heavy. the Halbeard.  A heavily armed and armored mech, the Halbeard is a classic heavy mech, slower, with lots of armor. Carrying a hailstorm cannon and a double-barreled laser, this mech is able to wade through heavy fire to reach it's objective.


That's all for now, I have a AAR or two to share in a few days and hopefully the next episode of my Starport Scum adventures.

Til next time!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love your descriptions of your mechs. They are exactly what I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, nice of you to say so!
      I like being descriptive rather than just dropping a statline and leaving it at that ;)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Care to share the stats for the new mechs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing:

      Ballista P2
      M F A D
      Standard 3 5 2 2
      Current
      Rules Extended range (medium)


      Halbeard P3
      M F A D
      Standard 3 6 4 3
      Current
      Rules Extended range (short)


      Longbow P3
      M F A D
      Standard 4 5 4 3
      Current
      Rules Assisted targeting


      Broadsword P3
      M F A D
      Standard 5 5 4 2
      Current
      Rules Agile frame

      That's all the Cav mechs, the Invaders(OTC) have the following stats:

      CHQ Mech P3
      M F A D
      Standard 4 5 4 3
      Current
      Rules Extended range (short)


      Line I P2
      M F A D
      Standard 4 4 2 3
      Current
      Rules Assisted targeting

      Assault I P2
      M F A D
      Standard 4 4 2 3
      Current
      Rules Agile frame


      Heavy I P3
      M F A D
      Standard 3 7 3 3
      Current
      Rules Extended range (short)

      Very simple, but I find them to my liking :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thank you! I like your descriptions, too, so I was curious how the stats came out. I'm trying to stat out my collection.

      Delete